Associate Consumer Relations Specialist
Who we are:
Over ten years ago, we launched AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete. Today our software solutions serve the property management and legal industries. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of a 100% customer focus.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, our business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians who contribute to our great culture every day.
To learn more about AppFolio and our company values check out our profile on The Muse!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401k Match
- Amazing company culture: focus on a complete lifestyle
- Recharge: 20 Days PTO + 9 Paid Holidays
- Built to last: Grow your career in an innovative, public company
- Make an impact: your work plays a key role in transforming our customers’ businesses
- Love your team members: co-workers are often friends too
- Offices stocked with healthy snacks, games, and goodies
- A commitment to health/wellness including onsite fitness classes
- Give back to your team and your community
Who we are looking for:
Consumer Relations Specialist
The Consumer Relations Specialist takes a lead role in handling consumer inquiries and disputes and working with our partners to resolve any issues with screening reports.
Ideal candidates have a passion for customer satisfaction, an affinity for detail, possess a record of independent action and excellent judgment and understand the importance and impact of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Play a lead consumer-facing role - answer phones, emails and case requests as the first line of contact for consumer requests. Assist the consumer, providing an empathetic and helpful response, representing AppFolio with professional courtesy.
- Understand and comply with all relevant laws and regulations related to the background screening industry and AppFolio’s screening business
- Prioritize cases as necessary; effectively manage a full caseload and queue
- Ensure all timelines and compliance requirements are met for every case
- Develop and build relationships with partners and vendors to ensure smooth dispute processes
- Liaise closely with team members (both direct, and wider) to build strong internal relationships and broaden knowledge base
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of personally identifiable information
- Assist in development of policies and procedures
- Gain a detailed knowledge of AppFolio’s screening product and a basic knowledge of the wider product
- Exemplify and represent AppFolio’s values and initiatives
- Lean in to challenges; act as a positive and constructive influencer and team member
Skills & Knowledge:
- Exceptional customer service and ability to handle difficult conversations, both internally and externally, in a graceful, courteous and constructive manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; meticulous eye for detail; strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work with flexibility and agility in a fast paced environment while keeping a positive and curious attitude
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment and to maintain compliance
- Proven ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and complete tasks in a timely manner with precision, using independent judgment to accomplish goals
- Ability to follow through on tasks until completed
- Proficiency in word, excel, adobe, cloud-based tools required; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Spanish speaking desirable
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
Meet Some of AppFolio's Employees
Software Engineering Director
Damon’s main goal is to create a great engineering culture at AppFolio. He’s responsible for providing teams with the tools they need to build an amazing product.
Back to top