Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- London, United Kingdom
Appear Here is the world's leading marketplace for retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. From the guy with just an idea to the established brands like Chanel, Nike, Spotify and Netflix, we are here to make their idea happen by connecting them to the best spaces globally and providing a seamless experience to match their different needs and aspirations.
We've raised over $30m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest in the retail and property industry, such as Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter. Named one of Wired Magazine's '100 Hottest Start-Ups' and The Financial Times' most 'Disruptive Companies', Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we're building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 200,000+ brands and thousands of landlords joined our mission.
We know our city streets have faced challenge after challenge in the past year, but with that comes the incredible opportunity to build something better. As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You'll be building an amazing user experience for brands and landlords globally as well as all the internal tools to help the rest of the team make it look easy.
Exciting challenges lie ahead-new destinations, technologies, and services. It's a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team that focuses on finding creative solutions and, ultimately, empowering our global community. Come join us!
Due to government guidance in the UK this role is remote for the foreseeable future. Having said that, we see each other and communicate regularly, enough to make you feel part of team but not so much to get in the way. When government guidance changes the longer-term plan is to have a hybrid working environment where we work both remote when needed but also get together in an office environment to collaborate.
- Helping architect and building solutions to business critical problems
- Participating in interesting projects such as:
- Building tools and recommendation engines to help match brands to their perfect short-term retail space
- Creating a first-class communications platform for our concierge team to keep their brands happy as well as in-app chat between brands and landlords
- Providing continuous improvements in the way we collect and provide data for all teams to use when making decisions
- Improving our deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get code and configuration changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend components, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Be a part of a self organising, OKR driven agile team using Kanban to ship new products
WHY WE LIKE YOU
We're looking for a mid to senior level candidate who has:
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it goes in
- You're passionate about writing good code and high quality automated tests; we have no dedicated QA team, so it's important for you to be able to test thoroughly
- Knowledge of good database design and query optimisation
A good understanding of any of the following would be a advantageous:
- Strong skills in Ruby and Ruby on Rails; they're the backbone of our Stack
- Experience of AWS (or similar) services, such as EC2 and RDS; you'll be exposed to these in this role, even if you have no previous Ops experience
- Algolia Search, Sendbird Chat, Datadog, Sidekiq, state machines
- Experience of managing applications on cloud environments (we use Kubernetes on EKS)
- Experience with different CI/CD tools and technologies
WHY YOU'LL LIKE US
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We're no bullshit. You won't find office politics or excuses here - we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
Back to top