Appear Here is the leading marketplace for flexible retail. We use the power of tech and data to connect brands with landlords all over London, New York and Paris, bringing life to our streets and making ideas happen. Access to space on a flexible basis has always been challenging and is needed now more than ever. With average lease lengths a quarter of the levels they were 20 years ago, the world is waking up and the opportunity is in our hands. We work with brands of all sizes from early-stage start-ups taking their first steps into retail to global brands activating our streets, and help them all find space to make their ideas happen.
Covid-19 has accelerated pre-existing market trends as more and more brands look to flexibility as the default route to market for space. Meaning you will be joining the business at one of the most exciting times as we look to capitalise on the opportunity in front of us, expand market share and become a global force and we need you to help them to achieve these goals.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This role is at the forefront of Appear Here's success, helping brands make their ideas happen by matching them with the best spaces from across our portfolio. You will own these relationships of mainly founders and CMOs: your job is to help them find the right space to launch their idea in, and guide them through the online sales process. You'll be managing multiple relationships at once, working towards monthly revenue targets. You will work with multiple teams across the company, surrounded by smart, ambitious people.
We are looking for enthusiastic inside salespeople and account managers who are motivated by our mission and passionate about driving commercial success. No deal is ever the same so we need creative thinkers who are competitive self-starters. This is an inside sales role; not outbound here as brands come to us looking for help, but you'll be expected to maintain and nurture those relationships, and the best in the business often find their own brands to work with (usually from their own curiosity).
- Ideally, you have up to 2 years experience in a fast-paced sales role. This is a commercial role with strong targets so you'll need to show examples of when you've been hungry to win or had to fight to succeed
- You're a hustler, you're someone who makes things happen and doesn't quit
- You're organised and efficient - you're comfortable juggling many hats in a fast-paced environment and you can do so whilst still being on top of your game
- You've got great energy, you're confident and sociable and enjoy contributing to a high energy team
- You're a great communicator & rapport builder - you'll look after hundreds of relationships and you'll be each brand's "go to" for advice. You'll need to feel comfortable having tricky conversations
- Please note this is a full time office based role
- Experience of retail or property is not essential, but an interest in brands - especially independents - would be helpful
- Experience of working in a high-paced VC backed start-up environment would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of London, especially from a retail perspective
OPPORTUNITIES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER PROGRESSION
In this role, you will pick up and master a range of skills. From development of sales and negotiation skills to relationship building, customer service and pipeline management. You'll get exposure to brands from various sectors (from independents, to direct to consumer and luxury) and get a fundamental understanding of commercial retail real estate. You'll get to see the fruits of your labour all over the city as your favourite brands launch around you. There will be opportunities for progression in the future. As a high growth startup, these can take multiple forms.
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner
- Culture like no other (you'll make lifelong friends)
- Scale with the business, we're on a mission to take over the world
- Awesome team & team socials
- Working with different teams throughout the business, across different projects
- Best idea wins. Whether you're an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we'll make it happen.
- Great location, office, snacks & Friday lunch
If you're ready to shape the future of retail and join a fast growing, young, dynamic business as it scales internationally then we'd love to hear from you!
See life inside @appearherehq and at @team.appearhere