Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. From the guy with just an idea to the established brands like Chanel, Nike, Spotify and Netflix, we are here to make their idea happen by connecting them to the best spaces globally and providing a seamless experience to match their different needs and aspirations.
We've raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest in the retail and property industry, such as Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter. Named one of Wired Magazine's '100 Hottest Start-Ups' and The Financial Times' most 'Disruptive Companies', Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we're building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 200,000+ brands and thousands of landlords joined our mission.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You'll be building an amazing user experience for brands and landlords globally. As well as creating a seamless backend platform for our Concierge Team and Landlord Partners.
Exciting challenges lie ahead-new destinations, technologies, and services. It's a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team that focus on finding creative solutions and, ultimately, empowering our global community. Come join us!
Help us make ideas happen
Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We're extremely proud to make software that has helped a creative community of over 100,000 people launch their first ventures or test their ideas around the world. In the future, we will be the de-facto global marketplace for retail space. We're looking for someone who wants to make real impact in their community and help entrepreneurs find the perfect space to launch their ideas. Your work will help make your city a more interesting place to be in.
Looking for a challenge?
Appear Here is a complex two-sided marketplace with a unique set of challenges. You'll design the tools that creatives need in order to find, launch, and promote their spaces. For many, this will be their first ever venture. On the other hand, you'll be designing tools that help property owners manage their growing portfolios in a market that's lacking such tools. This enables more flexibility and makes short-term lettings possible.
- You'll work with the product and engineering teams to redesign and create new tools which push Appear Here to the next level
- You'll work with our CEO to make sure every interaction is perfect
- You'll make everyone around you better with an inclusive and open design process
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- You are comfortable in an office environment
- You are experienced in creating visual user interfaces
- You know that one size does not fit all and take responsive design seriously
- You have worked with engineers, product managers and senior management
- You can work with and extend our existing brand guidelines and design systems
- You enjoy sketching, wire-framing and creating interactive prototypes to test your ideas
- You are passionate about UX methodologies
- You know how to write HTML & CSS
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an 'Underground Session' event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal 'Global Gathering' once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our 'Product talks'. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you're an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we'll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We're right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we'll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.
See life inside @appearherehq and at @team.appearhere