Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We've raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world's largest landlords and biggest names in retail. Named one of Wired Magazine's '100 Hottest Start-Ups' and The Financial Times' most 'Disruptive Companies,' Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we're building a game changer for both the retail and property industries; so far 180,000+ brands and 1000s of landlords agree with us.
As our Head of Talent, you will lead our recruitment strategy to build a funnel of top talent, unify our recruitment processes globally to create a unique and engaging candidate and hiring manager experience and finally, tell Appear Here's story to the wider recruitment world.
We really feel that bringing in the right people is the number one priority as we grow. We leave the execution and approach down to you, but expect this person to make hiring a number one initiative across the company via referrals and network, tactical sourcing and channels that amplify our presence in the startup community.
We want you to ensure everyone at Appear Here is happy, we take pride in our relationships with one another and the nurturing, supportive and extremely honest environment we have created. We would like you to develop great reward and recognition schemes, communicate these changes internally and advise senior management on viable benefits and perks. We like to think we have created a wonderfully productive yet fun culture and we want to show our talented team our appreciation.
- Own the delivery of key hires across Engineering, Product, Commercial and Operational functions across London, Paris and New York.
- Training hiring managers and evangelising a "hiring culture" throughout the entire organisation
- Lead all stages of the recruitment funnel to drive healthy activity; sourcing, qualification, interview assessment and offer.
- Build our recruitment capabilities; ATS workflow management, channel optimisation for high inbound, sourcing tools, hiring forecasting and events our teams should be going to solve hiring challenges
- Prioritise an exceptional candidate experience, we want an efficient, painless process which ensures even unsuccessful candidates leave the process with their high opinion of us still intact.
- Provide direction and advice to the management team on strategic and emerging staffing trends (e.g. remuneration and option packages)
- Research into viable yet desirable perks and benefits we can reward our staff with.
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
- We're no bullshit. You won't find office politics or excuses here - we say it how it is.
- Proven expertise in hiring exceptional talent for a startup, with a focus on direct sourcing
- Experience in developing and delivering hiring strategies for technical and senior positions
- Experience of designing and implementing recruitment processes from scratch
- Skilled at training new hiring managers
- Passion for crafting highly engaged and ambitious workplace cultures
- Ability to influence and build effective partnerships across multiple cities
- Commercially astute individual with the ability to align the talent strategy to business objectives
- Articulate and confident communication style