Appear Here is the leading marketplace for flexible retail. We use the power of tech and data to connect brands with landlords all over London, New York and Paris bringing life to our streets and making ideas happen. Access to space on a flexible basis has always been challenging and is needed now more than ever. With average lease lengths a quarter of the levels they were 20 years ago, the world is waking up and the opportunity is in our hands. We work with brands of all sizes from early stage start-ups taking their first steps into retail to global brands activating our streets, and we care about them all. We are a team of modern thinkers, dedicated to improving the communities around us. We push ourselves to contribute to positive social change and this runs deep in our culture.
Covid-19 has accelerated the trends that we have seen over the past few years meaning you will be joining the business at one of the most exciting times as we look to capitalise on the opportunity in front of us, expand market share and become a global force. Our streets may have been quiet recently but they will come back stronger than ever. Brands are eager to connect with their customers in real life once more and we need you to help them to achieve these goals.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
In this role, you will be at the forefront of Appear Here's success whilst driving success for our Landlords and Brands simultaneously. You will own your "little black book" of brands from all different stages in their journeys and you will help them to launch their ideas by matching them with the best spaces for them across our portfolio - we call this being a 'concierge'. You will own these relationships of mainly founders and CMOs forever and you will soon be walking down the street and be able to look around you and say "I did that" as you see your favourite brands launch all around the cities that you love. You will work across multiple teams within the company, surrounded by smart people, all experts in their fields.
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals who are motivated by our mission and are passionate about driving commercial success for all parties. No deal is ever the same so we need creative thinkers who are competitive self-starters. This is a sales role; for the most part brands come to us looking for help, but you'll be expected to maintain and nurture those relationships, and the best in the business often find their own brands to work with.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You're commercially astute. This is a commercial role with strong targets so you'll need to show examples of when you've been hungry to win or had to fight to succeed.
- You're a great communicator & rapport builder - you'll look after hundreds of relationships and you'll be each brand's "go to" for advice. You'll need to feel comfortable having tricky conversations.
- Organised & efficient - you're comfortable juggling many hats in a fast-paced environment and you can do so whilst still being on top of your game.
- You'll take initiative within the team and lead by example. We hold each other accountable and are always looking to improve.
- You're not scared of failure. We're a start-up and there are highs and lows in a commercial team. We get back up and we strive to be better.
- Experience in sales, real estate or retail is not a must - but preferred - and we're interested in candidates at all levels.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER PROGRESSION
In this role you will pick up and master a range of skills. From development of sales and negotiation skills to relationship building, customer service and pipeline management. You'll get exposure to brands from various sectors (from independents, to director to consumer and luxury) and get a fundamental understanding of commercial retail real estate. You'll get to see the fruits of your labour all over the city you love as your favourite brands launch around you. There will be opportunities for progression in the future. We are a high growth startup so these opportunities could take many forms.