Sr. Software Engineer
- Overland Park, KS
Join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is a mission driven transformational company, helping families with Senior Living options. We are looking for talented individuals who want to quickly have an impact on our business Come join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
A Place for Mom employees over 850 people nationwide with plans to continue to expand into the future. We currently have offices located in Seattle, New York, and Naples and will soon be opening our office in Kansas City. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages along with Paid time off, paid holidays and 401K with a match. We are committed to our employees career development growth and promotion within the organization.
If you are a results oriented, passionate and collaborative team player looking for a company with a bright future we would love to talk to you.
Larry Kutscher - Chief Executive Officer
Larry Kutscher is Chief Executive Officer of A Place for Mom. Larry is a veteran CEO with over 30 years of experience leading digital, technology and service businesses through significant periods of growth and value creation. Prior to this role, he served as Chief Executive Officer of TravelClick, where he drove the company’s overall strategic vision and helped increased the company’s value from approximately $300 million to more than $1.5 billion over eight years.
The APFM technology team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will focus on building out lead/sales management platform. You will build modern React based applications using the latest technologies. The Job responsibilities will include understanding the customer journey from our website to helping them or their loved ones move into a retirement community based on their lifestyle and needs.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of full stack development experience.
- Expert in front end development in React and Storybook
- You are a quick starter.
- You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
- Delivery of high quality & production ready code is high priority for you.
- You consider yourself as someone who is ready to look for innovative solutions.
- Learning technologies and expanding your skillset is always on your mind.
- Experience in implementing design patterns
What you will do:
- Partner with your peers in Product, Design, Scrum Masters and technology to innovate on current and future product offerings.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews.
- Ensure performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
- Collaborate with the team to ship new features rapidly.
- Optimize web sites for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Lead a team of onsite or off-shore developers. Provide guidance on technologies, architectural patterns, and frameworks.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Developing modern websites & services using React and Next.js
- Strong experience in design and development of API including REST and GraphQL
- Experience in implementing a component library using StoryBook.js
- Strong understanding of AWS Services, Docker Containers, and CI/CD
- Experience with database technologies like: MySQL / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Elasticsearch
Relocation Bonus to candidates interested in relocating to the Overland Park/Kansas City Area.
Back to top