- United States
Join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is a mission driven transformational company, helping families with Senior Living options. We are looking for talented individuals who want to quickly have an impact on our business Come join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
A Place for Mom employees over 850 people nationwide with plans to continue to expand into the future. We currently have offices located in Seattle, New York, and Naples and will soon be opening our office in Kansas City. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages along with Paid time off, paid holidays and 401K with a match. We are committed to our employees career development growth and promotion within the organization.
If you are a results oriented, passionate and collaborative team player looking for a company with a bright future we would love to talk to you.
Larry Kutscher - Chief Executive Officer
Larry Kutscher is Chief Executive Officer of A Place for Mom. Larry is a veteran CEO with over 30 years of experience leading digital, technology and service businesses through significant periods of growth and value creation. Prior to this role, he served as Chief Executive Officer of TravelClick, where he drove the company’s overall strategic vision and helped increased the company’s value from approximately $300 million to more than $1.5 billion over eight years.
The APFM Home Care team is looking for a Software Developer who will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
You will build desktop and mobile optimized web applications. The role requires hands-on software development skills and deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process.
The Software Developer reports to the Lead Software Developer.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Working with teammates in the migration of older applications to current Microsoft technologies. Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Assessing opportunities for application and process improvement and preparing documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 1-2+ years’ professional experience as a Software Developer
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Open to graduate students with a Masters or PhD and practical internship experience
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping
- Experience in building AMP pages
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous
- integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Back to top