Join our growing team!
Owned by two of the world's leading private equity firms, Silver Lake and General Atlantic, A Place for Mom is a mission driven, rapidly growing technology company. We connect families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors across the country to help them find the best care for their loved one. As the leader in senior care advisory, our mission is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers as we support more than 300,000 families every year in finding the right community for them.
Through our differentiated technology platform, data-driven approach and commitment to our customers, we are transforming the experience of working with A Place for Mom in order to provide more personalized, insightful experiences to both the families and communities we work with.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and they are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member; Work as a Single Supportive Team
As many families initially interact with A Place for Mom through our websites, our portfolio of sites is a critical channel for our business. They drive a significant portion of the revenue and profits for the organization. The Site & SEO team’s goal is to improve our sites’ performance in search results and provide the best online experience possible for our families to maximize the number of move-ins that come through our sites and organic search in particular. We use in-depth analysis to identify opportunities to improve our search rankings and create a better digital experience for families, partnering with teams across the organization to bring that vision to life.
Based in our NYC office, the Senior Marketing Analyst will play a critical role in supporting A Place for Mom’s transformation of our online experience and organic performance across our portfolio of websites. Reporting into the Senior Director of Site & SEO, this role will draw on deep data sets to better understand customer intent which in turn will drive recommendations for the Site & SEO, Content and Product teams. Success in this role will help the Site & SEO team increase traffic and on page conversion in order to connect more families with APFM and contribute to the company’s financial targets.
Who you are:
You are a passionate, data-driven individual and enjoy digging into complex datasets. This role will be the analytical foundation of the A Place for Mom Site & SEO team. The Senior Analyst will use data and insightful analyses to manage the channel’s performance as well as support, inform, and, where applicable, challenge decisions to help hone and serve A Place for Mom’s business goals. The ability to iterate and drive improvements quickly using data will be key to our success. This individual will also play a key role in elevating the insights gleaned from data into actionable recommendations for the team and executive audiences.
What you will do:
- Support defining and executing domain strategies: Conduct keyword analysis, competitor benchmarking, user journey analysis, family interviews, and user-behavior analysis to inform the broader strategy for each domain and translate each strategy into action
- Improve on-site conversion: Analyze differences in engagement and performance across site visitors to identify, size and prioritize opportunities for conversion improvement and work with the Senior Manager, Site Acquisition to craft A/B tests to assess each hypothesis on the site
- Enable successful roll out of new website and content initiatives: Evaluate the performance and impact of new site features, designs, and content types on engagement and conversion. Recommend opportunities to expand on high performing changes or quickly pivot to address underperforming ones
- Drive weekly results reporting and insights: Manage weekly forecasting effort and analyze drivers of latest performance across macro trends, internal changes, or external forces. Create and manage performance dashboards and analyses to support management and performance of each site against the team’s goals
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics
- 2-3+ years of analytics or quantitative professional experience in fields or functions such as consulting, investment banking/finance, digital marketing, or customer insights
- Experience working with, cleaning, and linking raw datasets to be able to conduct analyses and generate insights
- Proven ability to develop hypotheses that guide how you structure an analytical approach to answer the question at hand, identify and collect the necessary data, and execute the analysis to drive to insights
- Effective communicator able to translate complex analysis into recommendations and communicate results, both orally and in written form, to broader organization
- Ability to work as part of a team, while driving particular initiatives
- Collaborative and adaptable
- Resourceful and committed to excellence
- Able to handle pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing, environment
Company Leaders you will work with to drive outcomes
Larry Kutscher - Chief Executive Officer
Larry Kutscher is Chief Executive Officer of A Place for Mom. Larry is a veteran CEO with over 30 years of experience leading digital, technology and service businesses through significant periods of growth and value creation. Prior to this role, he served as Chief Executive Officer of TravelClick, where he drove the company’s overall strategic vision and helped increased the company’s value from approximately $300 million to more than $1.5 billion over eight years.
James Thorman – Senior Director, Site & SEO
James Thorman is Senior Director, Site & SEO at A Place for Mom, where he shapes the company’s online presence across its portfolio of domains. He is working with teams across the company, including Content, Product, Technology, Brand, SEM, and Analytics to pursue the ambitious goal of transforming each website in the portfolio, improving performance in search results, and delivering a more engaging user experience for families interacting with A Place for Mom online.
Prior to his role with A Place for Mom, James was a Case Team Leader with Bain & Company, where he worked both before and after getting his MBA at Wharton. His project experience at Bain included engagements with pharmaceutical, healthcare and private equity clients.
*If you are hired to work in or travel to the NYC Office, you will be required to provide proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine