Senior Manager, Analytics and Data Science
- New York, NY
Senior Manager, Analytics and Data Science
Join our growing team!
Owned by two of the world's leading private equity firms, Silver Lake and General Atlantic, A Place for Mom is a mission driven, rapidly growing technology company. We connect families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors across the country to help them find the best care for their loved one. As the leader in senior care advisory, our mission is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers as we support more than 300,000 families every year in finding the right community for them.
Through our differentiated technology platform, data-driven approach and commitment to our customers, we are transforming the experience of working with A Place for Mom in order to provide more personalized, insightful experiences to both the families and communities we work with.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Tatyana Zlotsky – Chief Marketing Officer & Head of Operations
Tatyana is a visionary and entrepreneurial digital marketing executive, brand builder, and industry thought leader with experience in driving transformational change and redefining user experiences for Fortune 100 companies and start-ups. She has a reputation for championing the art and science of marketing - from strategic branding and creative development to data and technology - translating high brand value into tangible revenue generating activities.
Alice Park – VP, Data & Analytics
Alice is an executive with broad experience building and managing successful data- and analytics-driven teams, strategies and capabilities that enhance customer experiences, drive revenue and enable growth. Alice joins us from American Express where she, most recently, led the global commercial marketing data capabilities and platform product team. But over her Amex career, has led teams across risk management, rewards & benefits analytics, marketing analytics, and data monetization product development for consumer and B2B portfolios. Alice has also held positions as Chief of Operations & Product at Archie Group, where she led development of operational strategies, strategic partnerships, and data-driven product suites, and Head of Data Products and Analytics at BDIPlus, where she led advanced analytical solutions and data monetization strategies for clients.
The Senior Manager, Analytics & Data Science role, based in New York City, will report into the VP of Data & Analytics and be responsible for working with large, complex datasets in a hands-on capacity to provide analytics, insights, and business intelligence supporting the Marketing, Sales and Product teams. This person will manage a small team of analysts and partner with key stakeholders to deliver data-driven, strategic insights across programs such as digital marketing (SEM/SEO), acquisition targeting strategies, customer journeys, test & learn strategies, etc that generate clear business results.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is passionate about using data and science to solve complex business problems and has a track record of driving results. You work well cross-functionally, are able to communicate clearly, and are skilled at driving teams towards growth oriented goals. You are comfortable, confident and energized operating in a rapidly changing environment. And, you are passionate about the families and communities we serve.
What you will do:
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams to provide actionable insights which inform key decisions across digital marketing (SEM/SEO), marketing campaign investment strategies, customer journeys, test & learn strategies, etc
- Measure, monitor and provide insights on key performance metrics across digital platforms, marketing campaigns and the sales funnel which enables business teams to drive performance towards growth goals. This includes acting as subject matter expert on data, reports and analytics capabilities across digital platforms and BI tools/reporting suites (e.g. Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, Marketo, Tableau, etc.)
- Work closely with technologies to define, roadmap and implement data ingestion, data model, data transformation, and data capabilities requirements as we migrate to a new, centralized data platform, build out capabilities (e.g. new data sources, reporting tools, API, etc), and troubleshoot
- Leverage data science and analytical techniques to develop acquisition targeting strategies, personalization / treatment optimization strategies, lead prioritization scoring, etc which help drive towards business goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design, implement and measure test & learn experiments
- Degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Operations Research and 4+years experience in a hands-on analytics/data science role
- Expert SQL and strong proficiency in Python and R; Experience with Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Marketo, and Tableau
- Track record of working independently/self-starter and solving analytical problems creatively, with clear outcomes and a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical insights to a non-technical audience; experience communicating with executives and internal/external partners
- Experience managing and coaching Analysts as your direct reports
Back to top