Director of Technology – Communities
- New York, NY
Director of Technology - Communities
Join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is a mission driven transformational company, helping families with Senior Living options. We are looking for talented individuals who want to quickly have an impact on our business Come join our growing team!
A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
A Place for Mom employees over 850 people nationwide with plans to continue to expand into the future. We currently have offices located in Seattle, New York, and Naples and will soon be opening our office in Kansas City. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages along with Paid time off, paid holidays and 401K with a match. We are committed to our employees career development growth and promotion within the organization.
If you are a results oriented, passionate and collaborative team player looking for a company with a bright future we would love to talk to you.
Larry Kutscher - Chief Executive Officer
Larry Kutscher is Chief Executive Officer of A Place for Mom. Larry is a veteran CEO with over 30 years of experience leading digital, technology and service businesses through significant periods of growth and value creation. Prior to this role, he served as Chief Executive Officer of TravelClick, where he drove the company’s overall strategic vision and helped increased the company’s value from approximately $300 million to more than $1.5 billion over eight years.
We are looking for a talented on Director of Technology - Communities who will focus on building tools to enable us to do business with our network of communities. These include B2B portal, custom integrations with third party CRM systems, and reporting. You will develop API layer to enable us to integrate with our network of communities, including integration with internal APFM systems and web sites.
This position reports to the VP of Technology. You will use your technology skills to identify latest technologies, architectural and design patterns to be implemented. You will provide architectural direction to team of engineers building systems.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a hands-on and outcome-oriented technology leader with extensive experience designing, building, and supporting modern web services.
What you will do:
- Partner with community sales teams to understand the requirements required to build a self-service portal.
- Partner with other tech leads and senior engineers across multiple teams and orgs to gather system requirements, gut check new feature proposals, and drive large system improvements.
- Provide the team the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success.
- Responsible for group’s technical strategy and roadmap - creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Experiment with new technologies, and conduct proof of concept which then is presented to tech peers.
- Mentor the professional development of each engineer by helping them build and execute personal development plans that map to our organization goals. Aggressively recruit and hire talented engineers.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Developing modern websites and services using React and Next.js
- Strong experience in design and development of API including REST and GraphQL
- Experience in implementing a component library using StoryBook.js
- Strong understanding of AWS Services, Docker Containers, and CI/CD
- Experience with database technologies like: MySQL / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Elasticsearch
Back to top