Director of Product Management, Communities
- New York, NY
ABOUT A PLACE FOR MOM
A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Larry Kutscher - Chief Executive Officer
Larry Kutscher is Chief Executive Officer of A Place for Mom. Larry is a veteran CEO with over 30 years of experience leading digital, technology and service businesses through significant periods of growth and value creation. Prior to this role, he served as Chief Executive Officer of TravelClick, where he drove the company’s overall strategic vision and helped increased the company’s value from approximately $300 million to more than $1.5 billion over eight years.
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Product who will focus on building internal and externally facing products that enable us to serve our senior living communities. Products include a Community Touring application used by communities and families to conduct virtual tours to allow families to make a move-in decision. The incumbent will enable capabilities to understand the needs of the family and matching it to what a community has to offer. They will create B2B tools and system integrations to make it easier for communities to do business with us.
This leader will be instrumental in defining and delivering the new product vision for A Place for Mom. This position reports to the VP of Product – Communities & Reviews and will be based in New York City.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a proven, passionate and outcome-oriented product leader with extensive hands-on experience in understanding business objectives to drive product vision, strategy, and execution around building solutions for B2B customers.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute product strategy to:
- Enable families and communities to conduct virtual tours and consultations to enable families to decide to move and for our customers to showcase the communities
- Enable our advisors to understand the needs of the family so we can match their needs to the right community
- Provide the tools that enable communities to do business with us
- Develop integrations with industry CRM solutions
- As a product manager, you will create a product roadmap, collect business requirements, define outcomes, prototype, lead product development and launch to deliver on above business outcomes
- Define Objectives & Key Results to be achieved for your product area. Develop key customer metrics for optimizing products for the communities
- Establish testing and learning within your team to improve customer experience.
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a delivery focused product culture.
- Define Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and develop A/B tests to test and evolve.
- Lead product team(s) made up of cross-functional team members from Communities, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Design, Development, Product, and Analytics functions to deliver the product objective.
- Conduct product and funnel analysis
- Work with user experience and design teams to develop customer personas, prototype products, and test ideas with existing customers.
- Conduct product discovery using story mapping or other techniques
- Partner with business stakeholders and customers to ensure the product we are creating can solve customer needs and create business value.
- Present business case and product strategy to peers and senior leadership to solicit buy-in for products and features.
- Work in product teams using Agile (SCRUM) product delivery principles to help increase team performance and improve customer satisfaction.
- Implement business and product analytics to measure the desired outcome of product features.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- 3+ years of experience in consumer-facing, acquisition focused web and mobile experiences.
- Ability to think holistically about the customer journey, from our web site to our call centers, our community partners and beyond.
- Ability to work hand in hand with user experience and engineering teams to deliver the desired business outcome.
- Ability to think big picture, but you can roll up your sleeves to solve what is in front of you.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A collaborator at heart with a firm belief that it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy.
- Ability to analyze product performance data and generate actionable insights.
- Experience in optimizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Experienced in working using Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Experienced in implementing and understanding business and product analytics using tools like Google Analytics, Omniture or Amplitude.
- Experienced in designing and implementing A/B tests.
- Use of heat map tools and prototyping.
- Expert in product discovery techniques like story mapping.
- Open to travel.
Back to top