Yield Analyst, Publisher Platforms
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As one of the largest online properties with over 350 million monthly global consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, focused, and truly excited about our mission: to inform, entertain, and connect the world – and to execute upon that mission in a data-driven manner at internet speed.
AOL is a subsidiary of Verizon.
The Yield Analyst is responsible for optimizing revenue for a portfolio of publishers, as well as maintaining overall yield and health of the ONE by AOL display and video marketplaces (SSPs).
The analyst will dissect and synthesize data to identify platform-level trends for both display and video supply. This data-driven insight will help drive strategy for the publisher sales organization.
The analyst will also work directly with one or more Sales Account Executives, providing analytical support for a portfolio of publisher accounts with a focus on revenue and profit growth. The analyst will operate both proactively and reactively at both a macro and micro level, performing any audits and diagnostic troubleshooting needed to resolve issues.
The analyst will also work closely with other internal groups such as Product Management, Business Intelligence and R&D, sharing and leveraging data to help create growth strategies for the business as a whole.
The analyst is in a unique position to drive growth and success for clients, the team and the company.
• Focus on revenue growth, operational efficiencies & scaled analysis
• Leverage data to guide pre & post sales strategy
• Provide analysis to maximize revenue across all supply channels
• Provide data and pricing guidance to Sales Account Executives for deal negotiation
• Work with demand analyst team to align demand opportunities against available supply
• Present data and findings internally to showcase areas of success and opportunity
• Discover and resolve issues before they become client facing
• Build dashboards for use by internal teams to monitor micro and macro trends
• Communicate with clients to problem solve, strategize and troubleshoot
• Detective - we query and mine through raw data to discover opportunities, uncover issues and identify poor performers
• Doctor - identify action items, prescribe and implement changes that optimize toward internal and external goals (revenue, CPM and/or fill rate)
• Storyteller - share and present the data to the right people at the right time, internally and externally
Bachelor’s degree required. Must have experience using SQL and Excel on large datasets. Tableau experience preferred but not required. Background or interest in data science a plus.
Beyond the hard skills, this role requires a well-rounded candidate:
• Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Resourceful, able to self-educate, not afraid to ask questions
• Able to think and act both strategically (big picture) and tactically (details)
• Bridge the gap between business and technology
• Comfortable working in a team as well as independently
• Able to self-manage and prioritize a multitude of responsibilities and workstreams
• Comfortable in front of variety of audiences including clients and executives
• Adaptable and open to change
Open to candidates in Baltimore or New York City.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top