A Little About AOL
AOL’s flagship site holds all the important stories from the web, in one convenient destination. The hub for news, entertainment, sports, finance, human interest stories, and more. Plus, you can enter your location for a more relevant, localized experience.
AOL's Oath in 3 words: It's all here.
The Xbox Advertising Creative Services team is seeking an Designer to create interactive advertising and gaming experiences on the Xbox Live platform for some of AOL’s top advertising clients.
We are looking for creative and technical people with a passion for technology to join an intelligent team focused on achieving amazing results and working together to drive value for our clients. Candidates will be responsible for creating new artwork as well as using client provided assets to create custom microsites that are displayed on a unique platform. This is a great opportunity for a motivated designer who enjoys working on a wide variety of unique projects. Success in this role is measured not only in creating quality designs, but also an ability to define and develop creative solutions in conjunction with our Creative Director and developers.
● Create user flows, screen designs and presales collateral
● Provide strategic ideation for visual and user-centric designs which drive traffic and engagement
● Demonstrate a mastery of visual design/layout/typography/animation concepts
● Work with account teams to design experiences which follow our internal design guidelines as well as to our clients brand standards
● Communicate effectively with our account and development teams to meet and exceed client expectations
● Create pixel-perfect visual designs for client export assets for developers
● Think creatively to produce new concepts and interactive experiences
● Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
● Work with internal clients to translate business goals into unique brand and advertising experiences
● Portfolio demonstrating three or more years full-time of consistent experience working as a visual designer in an advertising or interactive agency environment, design studio or as a part of a creative in-house team
● Advertising agency and/or gaming industry experience preferred
● Intermediate to expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere and Media Encoder.
● Knowledge of video formats, editing and motion graphic production
● Working knowledge of basic CSS and HTML coding principles
● Demonstrated experience working within existing design guidelines and within brand standards
● Excellent understanding of user centered UI/UX design principles
● Advanced knowledge of online graphic production
● Organized workflow habits that support a team environment
● Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail
● Ability to participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide process improvement efforts
● The ability to take direction and offer up design recommendations of your own.
● Proficient with Windows based programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
● B.A./B.S. degree in some area of visual design or 3-5 years experience as a visual designer
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top