Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services Oath in Three Words: Personalized video experiences
- Own the scoping, architecture, and design of DWDM and optical network infrastructure.
- Act as optical subject matter expert providing support and training to the Network and other technical teams.
- Create and update optical networking diagrams and documentation.
- Ensure proper monitoring for DWDM/optical systems.
- Continually support internal infrastructure, streaming services, corporate network and NOC.
- Evaluate new hardware as needed and maintain existing inventory.
- Serve as the Tier III response for all escalated network issues and customer complaints.
- Help the systems and network administration teams resolve complex issues within specific service level agreement requirements.
- Travel to and from datacenters and other sites occasionally, as needed.
- Create and define network requirements for new products, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies.
- Work with project managers and procurement personnel to develop and determine Bills of material for all new Point of Presence builds.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (EE, CS, IS) or equivalent work experience.
• Expert understanding of SONET, DWDM, multiplexing, and optical transport.
• 3-5 years of experience designing and implementing DWDM systems from vendors such as Alcatel/Lucent, Ciena, MRV, BTI, and Cisco.
• 3-5 years of experience in an Internet or CDN environment.
• Very strong knowledge of current networking technology including routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs. Juniper knowledge and experience a plus.
• Proven experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for enterprise implementations.
• Visio diagramming and network documentation knowledge required.
• Masters degree preferred (MSEE, MBA with a technical emphasis)
• Industry certifications such as JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA, CCDA, CCNP preferred.
• Understanding of layer3 protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Strong UNIX skills highly preferred
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top