Text Analysis Intern, Relegence
Relegence taxonomy contains over 2 million subjects and entities. It is used to categorize and classify Oath and 3rd party content for a number of services across the company. Due to new products and increased demand, Relegence taxonomy team is looking for 2 interns to contribute to ongoing efforts in expanding automated classification and taxonomy coverage.
- The role focuses on creating semantic rules that automate subject tagging for content by matching text found in news articles.
- Understanding of taxonomy and metadata
- Researching contextual information
- Semantic rule-writing
- Review of peers work
- Quality testing of rules results and improvement of existing rules
Senior taxonomists will train, advise and supervise the candidates.
- Must be a MLIS student.
- Available to work in the New York office.
- Skills, coursework and interests (in any of these areas) are preferred but not required:
- taxonomy, metadata or classification
- semantic technologies or computer science
- information architecture or information organization
- information retrieval and search
- indexing and thesaurus
- web publishing
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top