Technical Project Manager
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Technical Project Manager drives our technical infrastructure projects by leveraging their knowledge of formal project management methodologies. The candidate must be a strong communicator and influencer with a track record of delivering on-time concurrent projects. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Project Management in a matrixed environment, this role will help the project teams achieve success on large scale projects. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired. The successful candidate has experience creating and executing project plans, defining and controlling project scope, and formulating and tracking project schedules.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Sales, Professional Services, IT Operations, Development teams, Release Management, Networking
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress.
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in a technology or internet-oriented project management role
- Technology expertise: web software, application infrastructure, datacenter deployments, content delivery, video streaming, IP transit, and server architecture
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Able to effectively manage resources, track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
- PMI certification a plus, Scrum Master certification desired
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top