Technical Project Manager
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We are a leader in digital and mobile media with a global house of 50+ brands. Oath is shaping the digital future.
Convertro is seeking an enterprise-level Technical Project Manager (TPM) responsible for the technical well-being of our top accounts representing major name brands. This is a key role where strong leadership, strategic planning, and cross-functional organizational skills are required.
A Convertro TPM focuses on three key areas of responsibility: client integration management, technical project management, and internal process management. Our projects represent some of the most complex in the industry and successfully executing on all key areas requires a relentless focus on timelines, collaboration, and follow-through.
A typical day for a Convertro TPM involves coordinating cross-functional resources, managing risks and expectations, crafting internal and external communications, facilitating meetings, and being the glue that supports company operations. Impeccable communication skills and an analytical mindset are tools among many that a Convertro TPM will need to navigate this role successfully.
Client Integration Management:
- Facilitate the development of project plans and be an advocate for integration best practices
- Initiate change requests if technical re-scoping or re-implementation is required at any point in the client's lifecycle while working closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Technical Support to assess feasibility
- Manage expectations and keep all stakeholders informed of project status and open technical issues
- Mitigate internal and external risks that may adversely affect client-facing projects or requests
- Ensure all assets, documentation, and project plans are handed off in a timely manner to the next team in queue at project milestones
Technical Project Management:
- Monitor and coordinate schedules of ongoing client-facing projects and deliverables across teams to ensure on-time completion
- Facilitate task assignments and prioritization with team leads according to urgency, impact, and available resources
- Ensure that blockers are addressed and project plans are carried out in the most efficient manner
- Identify feasible 'out-of-scope' project changes and mobilize necessary cross-functional resources to resolve
- Continually re-assess timelines and resource allocations by balancing dependencies such as new feature requests, bug fixes, and resource contention across all teams
Internal Process Management:
- Identify areas where processes can be improved and champion the development of tools meant to improve efficiency and client satisfaction
- Initiate, lead, or join cross-functional team meetings to keep internal stakeholder expectations aligned regarding technical client issues, deliverables, implementation progress, change control status, and all other general updates
- Continually evaluate client solution roadmaps with Solutions Engineers to leverage new data quality tools, new supported feeds, and new product releases
- B.S or B.A. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing cross-functional teams and the full life cycle of complex technical projects
- 2+ years of experience working in AdTech, preferably on programmatic buying, marketing analytics, or with major digital marketers / agencies
- Must be comfortable using CLI, browser developer tools, SQL clients, QA scripting tools, and Excel advanced functions
- Must be familiar with marketing URL tagging and impression tracking techniques, including analytic suites such as Omniture and Google Analytics
- Must be able to understand technical issues and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must possess exceptional communication and project management skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, analytical, and a critical thinker
- 3+ years of executive-level consulting, data and technical QA, or software development experience
- PMP and/or CSM certification
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top