Systems Engineer (DevOps)
AOL Enterprise Services is a global IT organization powering the internal productivity of AOL and and many of the internet’s most popular brands.
Our organization’s charge is to provide enterprise level functionality while integrating consumer level services. Our Dulles office is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team.
For the “Ops” half, the right candidate will help us manage the existing enterprise systems (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc), but also cloud based systems like Google Apps, Amazon AWS, Tangoe, Slack, etc.
Supporting this breadth of technology requires development of scripts, applications, and/or software to bridge the gaps, and that’s where this “Dev” half will really come in. By understanding the entire chain you will help us deliver superior service and enable all our brands to accomplish their goals while not having to think about the Enterprise.
Support existing enterprise services, and how they interact with other corporate environments.
Develop & manage scripts and tools for deployment of new servers and services.
Develop & manage tools and software to bridge enterprise services with consumer services.
Release Management for the supported applications in the development, testing and production environment.
Develop scripts to automate problem detection, monitoring, and resolution.
Work with Engineering and Business Operations teams to understand monitoring requirements.
Document monitoring processes implemented across the system.
Participate in capacity planning exercises for future needs and projects.
• Bachelor's/College Degree Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
• 2-4 years’ experience in supporting enterprise applications
• Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
• Ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively and properly manage expectations
• Analytical problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency in software development process
• Significant Windows Server expertise (Windows 2012R2)
• Familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP, and OAuth based authentication systems.
• Significant console-level Linux expertise (Redhat/CentOS preferable)
• Experience running a Continuous Integration environment(s)
• Software language experience (various)
• Any application development experience a plus
• A background in security both in operations and development a plus
• Experience using AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
• Experience managing an email system like Exchange or Google Apps for Work
• Experience in Acquisitions and Divestitures (Active Directory migrations, Exchange/Google data migrations, etc)
• Full stack web development using a modern framework (React, node.js, JQuery, Angular, etc) a plus
• Mac OS management experience
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top