Systems Engineer (DevOps)
AOL Enterprise Services is a global IT organization powering the internal productivity of AOL and and many of the internet’s most popular brands.
Our Dulles office is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team as an additional position. Build, release management and enterprise software development process arethe primary skills utilized on a daily basis. The DevOps Engineer will also provide the front line support, troubleshooting contact and as such must be able to determine how to not only fix the environment, but isolate the issue with the application and engage the appropriate team to track the issue to resolution.
● Release Management for the supported applications in the development, testing and production environment
● Develop & manage scripts and tools for deployment of new servers and services
● Develop scripts to automate problem detection and monitoring
● Work with Engineering and Business Operations teams to understand monitoring requirements
● Document monitoring processes implemented across the system
● Participate in capacity planning exercises for future needs and projects
• Bachelor's/College Degree Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
• 2-4 years’ experience in supporting enterprise applications
• Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
• Ability to communicate (verbal & written) effectively and properly manage expectations
• Analytical problem-solving abilities
• Proficiency in software development process
• Significant Windows Server expertise (Windows 2012R2)
• Familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP, and OAuth based authentication systems.
• Significant console-level Linux expertise (Redhat/CentOS preferable)
• Experience running a Continuous Integration environment(s)
• Software language experience (various)
• Any application development experience a plus
• A background in security both in operations and development a plus
• Experience using AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
• Experience managing an email system like Exchange or Google Apps for Work
• Experience in Acquisitions and Divestitures (Active Directory migrations, Exchange/Google data migrations, etc)
• Full stack web development using a modern framework (React, node.js, JQuery, Angular, etc) a plus
• Mac OS management experience
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top