The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower. With a global multi platform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
The Huffington Post Tech Ops team is seeking a Systems Engineer. Are we looking for you? Could you help us build and maintain our infrastructure on AWS? Would you love to be on a small team of mostly sane engineers working to automate, solve interesting problems across the infrastructure and make good tools when necessary?
Huffpost Ops is looking for a new team member who can help us. We’re expanding globally, we’re maintaining our internal tools and we’re checking out the new stuff while maintaining many key points of service using Infrastructure As Code as loose guiding principles, we’re occasionally drinking a lot of coffee. Did I mention that we could use a hand?
● Work on a small team, but have exposure into the wider Tech Team.
● Get assigned as Ops representative to a few software projects. Build and maintain things for them.
● Look for interesting problems to solve and things to do.
● Solve said problems; do said things.
● Participate in an on call schedule.
● Work hard when you work, enjoy your life when you’re not.
● Tell jokes. Make fun of your boss.
● Learn a lot. Really, truly!
What we’re looking for:
● You work full time for us, mostly in our nice office near Astor Place
● You know Linux. You really, really do
● You can write scripts. Shell/Bash a must, plus other higher level languages would be great
● This is a big, expensive, well-oiled machine we’re driving. You are able to think and work at scale
● You don’t hate Git
● You have a scientific mind and deep intuition about technology
● You’re not going to sweat through your clothes if we ask you about TCP/IP
● You can work and think under pressure
● You are really nice and you can explain yourself. You are a grownup.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top