Supply Chain Specialist
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services (EdgeCast Networks, Volicon, upLynk, Intel OnCue, and AOL) is looking for a Supply Chain Specialist that can support a fast growing digital media engine deploying new infrastructure on a global basis, requiring shipments of hardware and software, as well as people! We are growing fast, so we need fast thinking and fast moving people that are highly motivated and want to learn, grow, and move on up. Main role is to support the operation through managing and tracking operation expenditures and expenses for the entire Digital Media Services group. This role will have to coordinate and administer many aspects of supply chain: procurement (sourcing, negotiating, purchasing, tracking, receiving, and shipping), reporting, travel coordination, conference booking, on-boarding, and personnel training. You will get exposure to various aspects of supply chain and tech operation. So that means we need a person that is willing to wear many hats, and learn, learn, learn (with lots of upward mobility potential).
A day in the life of this role:
- We are expanding fast, bringing on new people and new projects. You will be supporting new expansion projects and growing operations with SAP and other various systems.
- You will be helping the team out purchasing software licenses, bulk memberships, conference
registrations/venues/hotels, massive hotel blocks, working with travel agencies, visa applications, and service providers and utility companies to get the best deals for the company.
- You will be managing the IT inventory for several offices across VDMS and Verizon so working in
collaborative settings is a must. Any SG&A purchases are your domain.
- Key responsibility will also include setting up new vendors in the SAP systems, managing bills, reconciling open invoices, monthly expense reports, generating monthly travel reports broken out by department spend and negotiating non-technical team’s contracts to managing their annual budgets (ie: Marketing, HR, etc.), generating purchase requisitions through two SAP systems and working cohesively with Verizon and AOL Purchasing and AP teams, running monthly open order reports, assisting with month end close, and all the fun paperwork that is vital to success.
- As Supply Chain Specialist, you will be the liaison between many departments and providing top
customer service to internal customers is key. You must be able to handle stress in a professional manner and work well with people, departments, and companies from various backgrounds.
- As you get comfortable and work your way up, you can take on more of the Supply Chain responsibilities, helping with software that is mission critical to our tech stack, hardware to be deployed around the world, adding new vendors and partners, dealing with support agreements globally, and shipping/receiving globally. Definitely lots of career progression opportunities.
- One or more years experience in a supply chain and coordination role, with knowledge of sourcing, logistics, travel administration, spending money efficiently and effectively
- Education: College Graduate with BA/BS/BE degree
- Experience in purchasing, expense tracking and reconciliation, inventory control, domestic logistics and transportation coordination is a plus.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Contract negotiation, Computers, Network Implementation, Hardware and Software used in digital networks (firewalls, switches, routers, optics, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of SAP system is a definite plus
- Professional communication and computer usage and typing skills. (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.; MS Excel skills are a big plus)
- Ability to book travel and conferences globally, deal with credit card authorizations, train new
employees on travel and expense policies and provide orientation to aspects of Supply Chain
- Good team player, working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, willingness to help out where needed with a positive attitude
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top