Sr. Tech Mgr, Software Development
Aol Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online.
We are looking for a Sr. Tech Mgr for Software Development for the One Video team in Seattle, WA. Our technical leaders make a direct impact on the success of every effort by building strong talent and leading execution. This role will be suited to someone who has a proven track record of successfully leading multi discipline teams and who is able to contribute at all levels. To be considered for this role you must have commercial development experience.
In this role, you’re going to have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of the Advertising Technology team to design and deliver new & maintain existing platforms and systems.
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Architects to triage technical issues and provide clear resolutions in a collaborative way.
- Demonstrate technical leadership as well as exceptional people management skills.
- Translate strategic goals into tactical execution for the team.
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams across the company to deliver results.
- Successfully own and execute projects; ensuring that project deliverables are on time and meet or exceed quality standards.
- Lead and line manage 10-20 developers, delivering on multiple products spanning various technologies and organized into two or three agile teams
- Inspire others with your passion for technology and user experience.
- Initiate bold ideas with a clear impact on the business.
- Hire and develop top engineering talent.
- Lead strategy and execution around quality, test automation, continuous integration and deployment.
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Have a deep hands on understanding and experience in server side technologies and working with unix/Linux environments.
- Have a proven track record of technical management (development and testing) and people management experience.
- 7+ years of software development, with 3 or more years of team leadership/management.
- 3+ years of experience in Java, C/C++ helpful; focused on service and business layer application development.
- Experience in building large scale Web applications across different platforms.
- Solid understanding of back-end services in an enterprise architecture environment (REST-based web services, microservices)
- Sound knowledge of understanding of RDBMS, Metadata and general database concepts (MySQL and Oracle)
- Experience in delivering software in a fast paced environment, and a good grasp on agile methodologies.
- Experience building high-performance teams, including performance management.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top