Sr. Systems Engineer
AOL Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online.
One of our ad tech brands, Advertising.com, located in Baltimore is searching for a Technical Operations Engineer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working in a CI/CD agile environment with a dedicated team of engineers and technologies including Docker, Redis, AWS, ELK, Couchbase, MongoDB, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Hadoop, HBase and more.
- Involved in all aspects of running and scaling the service, including server platforms, operating systems, automation, and overall systems management.
- Involved with operational requirements, design considerations, and production impacts for new development efforts including service migration to the cloud and elastic capabilities. Owning the final integration of development efforts into the production environment.
- Research, design, develop and implement solutions for fault, performance, capacity, and configuration management for applications.
- Identifying production stability concerns via break-point and impact analysis and designing, developing and implementing solutions to address.
- Mentoring other Operations Engineers on technical aspects.
- Ensuring the operational health of application systems 24x7 and providing tier 2 support for escalated issues and working with developers to solve code related issues.
- Establishing and maintaining with business stakeholders internal SLAs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline AND
- Experience in a technical role involving applications operation and management, preferably in a 24-7-365 production environment.
- Experience supporting large linux fleets in a java development environment
- Background in cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Hands-on experience with apache, tomcat, elastic search, mongodb, solr, and redis
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience.
- Building automation scripts, tools and/or frameworks.
- Experience installing and administering software packages.
- Grasp of Internet network concepts, protocols and associated services (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SCP, DNS).
- Basic scripting experience to produce solutions and perform troubleshooting.
- Functional experience relational databases and SQL. Candidate must be capable enough in SQL to author data extraction and transformation queries to investigate performance and troubleshooting.
- Strong, methodical troubleshooting skills.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top