Sr Software Engineer/Backend
Aol Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online.
Aol Data Service offers world class data infrastructure, services and solutions that leverage leading edge technologies to process high volume, high velocity data to maximize efficiency, quality and ROI for reporting, analytics and BI, optimization and real-time decisioning.
● Design and code backend Java applications and services. Emphasis is placed on implementing maintainable, scalable, Big Data systems capable of handling billions of requests a day.
● Analyze business and technical requirements and design solutions that meet those needs.
● Mentor and train less experienced team members.
● Collaborate with project managers to develop and clarify requirements
● Work with Operations Engineers to ensure applications are operations ready and able to be effectively monitored using automated methods.
● Troubleshoot production issues related to the team’s applications.
● Effectively manage day-to-day tasks to meet scheduled commitments. Be able to work independently.
● Write technical specification documents.
● Collaborate with programmers both on their team and on other teams
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
● 2+ years of industry experience designing and programming in Java in a Unix/Linux environment.
● Experience with Scala is a plus.
● Experience with large, high-dimensional data sets.
● Experience with system performance optimization.
● Experience with automated, build and deployment tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Maven and Git.
● Experience with Tomcat / Apache and REST web services.
● Experience with application design and development processes and methodologies.
● Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
● Solid understanding of RDBMS and general database concepts.
● Fluent in software design methods and techniques
● Effective verbal and written communication skills
Scala, MapReduce, Spark
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top