Sr. Software Engineer - HTTP
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to work with a globally distributed and massively scaled environment? Are you passionate about optimizing server technology and looking for an opportunity to make an impact on the security and performance of the entire internet?
Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) is looking for highly talented and technical engineer to help us build the next generation software powering the internet. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative software: distributed systems, high performance serving applications, restful APIs
- Architecting solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing software solutions to challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Researching and analyzing application behaviors to improve platform performance and reliability.
- Working on high performance teams and having an impact
- Acting as the subject-matter expert with regard to platform architecture and design.
- Helping to provide technical leadership both within functional areas and across the organization.
- Contributing to and leveraging Open Source technologies
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics background preferred; Master’s degree desired.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby.
- Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong practical Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment (memory management, scheduling, filesystems, TCP/IP stack).
- Experience building sophisticated and highly performant server-side software
- Knowledge of web services technologies: Web Servers, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Loves firefighting in production
- Web server module development for Apache, NGINX, Traffic Server, Lighttpd a big plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top