Sr. Software Engineer, C/C++
AOL (NYSE: AOL) is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
To simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world’s best builders of culture and code.
This is a senior software engineer role focused on back-end server development.
We are seeking talented C and/or C++ developers to build low latency server software. We have built an industry leading video ad delivery platform that serves one out of every seven online video ads daily. We need bright engineers to help us tackle subtle and complex problems, build new innovations and improve our ad delivery platform.
* Design and development of new features in our event-driven server architecture
* Learning and improving our unique framework for memory management and low latency/high throughput systems
* Participate in code reviews using Gerrit and Stash
* Contributions to our open source project, RIBS
* Work with Product Management to develop and clarify ad serving product requirements as well as design solutions that meet the requirements.
* Effectively manage day-to-day tasks in an Agile process to meet scheduled commitments and participate in Agile team’s Scrum activities.
* Extensive experience in C/C++
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
* Attitude of creating high quality code, learning from peers and always innovating
* Experience in low latency, high throughput distributed systems
* Experience working on embedded, real time or event-driven systems
* Experience with SQL
* Experience with working Agile/Scrum teams
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top