Sr. Software Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Senior Software Engineer has the prime responsibility to contribute to building highly scalable and stable systems that contribute to the projects that are to sustain and augment AOL Platforms growth. Work closely with the Software and Product Leads to design, develop, test, document any work that contributes to software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and sub-programs, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to the existing software.
· Exercise good technical expertise and strong business skills, and work within the team in delivering data platform solutions.
· Solutions Design - Work with the Data Architects and Solution Architects to understand and implement a solid, extensible software design that supports the new analytics requirements.
· Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading that meet with the expectations of the Architect or Lead.
· Translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time provide alternatives to problems.
· Perform effort estimation for various project activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines. This is a technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production QA/oncall.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
Strong knowledge and hands-on working experience in Java
Knowledge and experience of working with large scale databases
Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis and Aerospike )
Strong Experience with Cloud technologies preferably AWS
Strong Experience with java methodologies, technologies and frameworks (POJO, Spring, Maven etc)
Strong Experience with Database technologies
Knowledge of ANSI SQL
Knowledge of Unix (Linux) Platforms
Knowledge of “Big Data” Technologies (Hadoop, MR, Hive, HBase, Pig, Kafka, Camus)
Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Manage their time to finish work within deadlines and in time as well successfully.
Able to work under pressure and within given strict deadlines.
Desirable skills (good to have):
· Knowledge of columnar databases
· Hands on experience with data-intensive distributed applications.
· Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired.
· Knowledge of development lifecycle process/Agile development
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top