Sr. Software Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Aol Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online.
Aol Data Service offers world class data infrastructure, services and solutions that leverage leading edge technologies to process high volume, high velocity data to maximize efficiency, quality and ROI for reporting, analytics and BI, optimization and real-time decisioning.
• Design and code backend Java applications and services. Emphasis is placed on implementing maintainable, scalable, Big Data systems capable of handling billions of requests a day.
• Analyze business and technical requirements and design solutions that meet those needs.
• Mentor and train less experienced team members.
• Collaborate with project managers to develop and clarify requirements
• Work with Operations Engineers to ensure applications are operations ready and able to be effectively monitored using automated methods.
• Troubleshoot production issues related to the team’s applications.
• Effectively manage day-to-day tasks to meet scheduled commitments. Be able to work independently.
• Write technical specification documents.
• Collaborate with programmers both on their team and on other teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field. Master degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience designing and programming in Java in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with crafting the right architecture to meet functional requirements
• Working experience with Big Data and technologies (Hadoop MR, Hive, Pig, Spark)
• Must have extensive technical knowledge and experience with distributed systems
• Must have strong programming and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with system performance optimization
• Must have a solid understanding of object oriented programming.
• Must have a working knowledge of application design and development processes and methodologies.
• Experience with automated, build and deployment tools such as Chef, Jenkins and Maven.
• Solid understanding of RDBMS and general database concepts.
• Software design methods and techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
Kafka, AWS, Scala, NoSQL
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top