Sr. Security Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Principal Security Architect will be a key member of the Security Operations team focused on hardening systems, architecting and implementing tools to improve the corporate and production systems.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing and maintaining large scale Linux environment, preferably in a web-hosting or CDN that involve systems hardening, patch management, log processing, and vulnerability management. The candidate must also have experience implementing and running enterprise security tools in AWS.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on drafting and implementing security policies and controls
- Draft security requirements that allow development of tools which align strategic visions with pragmatic execution
- Mentor, develop and grow next generation of security team
- Design and implement security best practices in AWS
- Partner with various teams to identify, plan, and implement security best practices in their respective areas
- Implement and manage identity management and distribution systems for SSH keys
- Proactively identity potential security issues and provide mitigation strategies
- Develop and implement security scripts and tools to streamline routine security processes
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Expert level of experience with bash and Python
- Proven track record of managing security within AWS
- Thorough understanding of Linux filesystems
- Deep understanding of Internet protocols including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Knowledge of Operating System internals (memory management, scheduling, TCP/IP stack)
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top