Sr. Application Security Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
· Contribute to the security architecture, assist in building process for secure code development and deployment involving truly cutting edge technology and massive clusters of servers
· Develop and oversee secure code analysis program in conjunction with the development teams
· Secure code analysis for new and existing applications using C,C++, Perl, Python, and PHP
· Review of full suite of internal, commercial, and open source applications for vulnerability management.
· Research and analyze application behaviors and improving security and stability
· Work to insure that security solutions achieve a balance of performance, security, and compatibility
· Create test cases and manage secure code testing suite of products for new and existing applications
· Provide tier 3 engineering support to troubleshoot complex problems
· BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
· MS or PHD from a top university highly preferred
· Expert level of experience with C, C++ on Linux or Unix based OS
· Extensive experience in building and debugging Linux kernel modules
· Deep understanding of Internet protocols including TCP/IP and HTTP
· Experience in programming on a multi-threaded environment
· Experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, testing, and release
· Ability to work on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced environment
· Knowledge of Operating System internals (memory management, scheduling, TCP/IP stack)
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top