Solutions Engineer - Media & Entertainment
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an experienced Broadcast Solutions Engineer to provide subject-matter expertise to the Media & Entertainment sales team. The successful candidate will bring industry experience, as well as an understanding for the sales cycle in order to help close competitive prospects and solve technical issues for existing customers.
- Provide pre-sales support for the Media & Entertainment sales team around our broadcast solution and content delivery network
- Evangelize and demo the full broadcast solution
- Understand the complexities and nuances associated with the delivery of broadcast video over the internet
- Responsible for technical pre-sales design recommendations and justifications
- Design, document, and implement technical aspects of proof of concepts and the on boarding of potential clients
- Communicate technical design requirements and implementation details to sales team and customers, through written documentation and oral presentation
- Communicate account and project status with internal teams, including sales, customer support and sales engineering management.
- Ability to script sample code for client solutions
- Gather and document requirements for requested features, professional service engagements and product enhancements
- 2+ years of proven success within the broadcast or streaming fields
- Broad, high-level knowledge of streaming eco-system and solutions
- Proven ability to design, direct, document and implement solutions involving streaming video
- Technical leadership skills for supporting project management, back office & pre-sales staff and in managing projects with little supervision
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in customer-facing white board sessions and presentations
- Proven success managing relationships with customers and vendors
- Comfortable interacting with internal executive, product and engineering teams
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top