Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to provide a deep subject-matter expertise to the sales team. To be successful in this role, you should have deep industry understanding, as well as a sophistication for the sales cycle in order to close competitive prospects and solve technical issues for existing customers.
- Provide pre-sales support for the sales of content delivery/web streaming solutions.
- Provide technical expertise to new and existing customers in order to assist regional sales team in reaching sales revenue goals
- Responsible for technical pre-sales design recommendations and justifications
- Manage the technical aspects of sales prospecting and provisioning
- Communicate technical design requirements and implementation details to sales team and customers, both in formal documentation and verbally
- Communicate account and project status with internal teams, including sales, customer support and sales engineering management
- Design, document, and implement Content Delivery (CDN)/Stream caching solutions, incorporating network design method, capacity planning, HTTP, Streaming (RTSP, Flash, HTTP Streaming), SSL, DNS, HTML, Access Control, and W3C compatible WWW technologies
- 5+ years of proven success within a technical sales or presales role
- Broad, high-level knowledge of Internet architectures
- Proven ability to design, direct, document and implement solutions involving HTTP and Stream Caching technologies, including Open Video Platforms (OVP) and Flash/Silverlight/HTML5/iPhone/Droid Players
- Technical leadership skills for supporting project management, back office & pre-sales staff and in managing projects with little supervision
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience and talented in customer-facing white board and WebEx presentations
- Proven success managing relationships with customers, vendors and staff.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Hands-on and deep understanding of HTTP Headers, Flash Media/Windows Media/Wowza Svr2/mobile stream Server/Client and website architectures, and knowledge of XML, Java, Ruby On Rails, PHP Scripting a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top