Software Engineer, Java: Data & Reporting
ONE by AOL (based in San Mateo) is the video advertising platform of choice for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. A unified, programmatic platform that provides buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure across linear TV and online video, ONE by AOL is transforming the way video advertising is bought and sold. ONE by AOL is an AOL Platforms company.
Software Engineers, Java: Data & Reporting Team (San Mateo)
We are seeking several strong software engineers with extensive Java experience to join our data & reporting team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the data warehouse’s logical and physical data model as well as designing, documenting, developing and supporting complex data load and transformation processes. Full duties will include: Building our ONE Analytics Dashboard, ETL, Reporting, and hardware & software infrastructure and integration. You will be extensively involved in business analysis, requirements gathering, proposing and developing solutions.
In close collaboration with business users, data analysts and system architects, you will define and resolve information requirements, data flow and data content/quality issues, and influence business partners to adhere to best practices with data.
• 4+ years of experience designing and programming in Java in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Experience with modern client-side development technologies
• Experience working with large-scale web API's (REST)
• Experience working agile software development processes and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins and Jira.
Nice to have:
• Experience in big data, enterprise data warehouse architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies
• Experience with data information management-related components and large, complex data solutions
• Excellent understanding of various relational database design concepts
• Excellent track record of defining and meeting customer-facing commitments
• BS/MS in CS/EE or equivalent
• Extensive experience in Java
• Scripting languages experience, e.g shell, Python, Perl
Nice to have:
• Tomcat/Apache experience
• Extensive SQL skills + analytic SQL
• Any exposure to C
• Confluence, Git, Jenkins and Jira
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top