Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content--so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The prospective candidate needs to have previous Big Data experience
using a distributed platform (e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks or
Confluent) to solve large-scale problems. A strong
understanding of distributed systems and strong experience
in using open source framework to build applications is
Excellent understanding and implementation experience of
architecture, including technologies:
* Data Storage: HDFS, Hive
* Data Processing, Analysis & Integration: Druid, Spark
* Data Pipeline: Kafka
* Configuration Management: Salt
* Experience in Agile development methodology
• Experience in Big data software design and development –
including Spark, Python, Java, MapReduce.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to
Data Management and Data Science.
• A strong understanding of basic to complex concepts
related to computer architecture, data structures,
programming practices and Data Sciences.
• Ability to estimate work completion required to build an
overall predictable plan.
• Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for
individual or work for a small team.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top