AOL (NYSE: AOL) is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
To simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world’s best builders of culture and code.
The AOL Platforms Group and the ONE by AOL For Publishers solution suite is the global partner of choice for leading publishers seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. Simply put, we provide publishers a unified view of their monetization, audience, and content efforts; insights into trade-offs and potential areas for improvement; and tools to take concrete actions to create new value.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
Do you have a passion for coding and a desire to learn how to turn data into meaningful information?
Does the idea of working on a world-class data warehouse implementation and diving into Big Data technologies including state of the art tooling excite you?
Have you ever dreamed of having Peta bytes of data to sift through? (or want to learn how?)
If any of these are true, then the Aol On Network is the right place for you!!!
The Data Platform team is currently looking for talented and highly motivated Software Engineers who can design, implement and support robust, scalable and high quality solutions.
As a member of the team, you will be working with both sides of our platform, RDBMS systems such as SQL Server and Vertica, as well as a petabyte scale open source / Hadoop platform. We are hiring a strong Java Developer with a strong desire to work in Big Data and will give you the support needed to get there!
- Ability to assess complicated business rules
- Designing, reviewing, implementing, testing and optimizing ETL processes
- Performing data analysis
- Providing development support for existing systems
- Troubleshooting data and/or system issues
- Creating systems documentation
- Mentoring other developers
What you need
• Strong Java knowledge with Big Data experience, or a strong desire to work in Big Data
• A strong eye for tuning and performance
• Proven ability to work cross functionally to deliver appropriate resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues
• Must be able to drive investigations to completion and ensure customer satisfaction
• Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with automated testing practices
• Experience with RDBMS solutions an advantage
• MS/BSc degree in Computer Science
What would be nice
• Strong knowledge of the Hadoop or Scala ecosystem , AKKA , Spark , Play etc
• Strong Background in Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large multi-petabyte environments
"EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category."
Back to top