AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
Be On, a division of AOL Platforms is a truly global branded entertainment platform that brings together content production, syndication and real-time insights to provide advertisers with an end-to-end platform for long-form branded content across all devices. Be On creates and syndicates content across 16 key verticals to 40,000 publishers in over 90 countries around the world. It has offices in the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
This position is for a Senior developer who wants to deliver quality solutions as a team. More specifically, to deliver discrete components of business value and support our internal and external applications.
Key Role Accountabilities
● Take an active role in defining the shape of the future of online video
● Develop high scale and performance applications with service oriented architecture
● Build new and engaging web products
● Work in agile development methodology
● Design and develop using cutting edge technologies
● High potential to grow and evolve in an international company
● Good/Strong knowledge of Java
● Good/Strong knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS
● Good knowledge of Spring Framework
● Good/Strong analytical skills
● Good Knowledge of Databases
● Knowledge of MongoDB/NoSql databases is a plus
● Flash/HTML5 experience is a plus
● Experience in AngularJS is a plus
● Experience in GWT is a plus
● Experience with ElasticSearch/Lucene/Solr is a plus
● Experience with Maven and Gradle is a plus
● Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.
Back to top