Site Reliability Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
• Actively participate in evolving design and architecture of infrastructure automation, release tools, and processes
• Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the production environments, supporting 10,000+ Linux servers globally
• Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Software Infrastructure team; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
• Help evaluate new technologies and develop scalable infrastructure solutions
• BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Linux systems administration, provisioning, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP)
• Programming experience in one of the following: Python, C, and/or Perl
• 2+ years of experience in network technologies (JunOS, IOS)
• Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and large-scale implementations
• Experience developing and automating continuous integration/delivery pipelines
• Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & file systems tuning, protocols and services (PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS, FUSE) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump)
• Extensive experience in shell/bash scripting and automation tools (Salt, Puppet, Chef, FAI, Kickstart)
• Expertise in advanced networking subjects (TCP/IP, BGP, VLAN, Bonding/Trunking, switches, routers & firewalls)
• Working knowledge of virtualization technology (KVM, Xen, ESXi, OpenStack) and Dell hardware (DRACs, Livecycle Controllers, BIOS, RAID controllers)
• Must possess strong documentation skills and be able to work with rapid change, Configuration Management utilities (SaltStack, Puppet, etc), and Source Control (Git, SVN)
• Prior experience with CDN, ISP, 2,000+ server environments, or production Internet-facing services for large enterprise customers is highly preferred
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top