Site Reliability Engineer
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As one of the largest online properties in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
As part of a small and highly capable team you will share ownership for all aspects of availability, performance, and resiliency for AOL’s Application Delivery infrastructure including CDN, DNS, and L3DSR-L7 load balancing. You will build and maintain a variety of systems using Ansible, Docker, and Python or whatever other language you prefer to build and iterate on new tools as needed.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leadership role in all projects from problem recognition to prioritization of work, design and implementation of solutions.
- Focus on application networking processes and automation.
- Work in and contribute to a shared codebase.
- Rapidly debug, fix and solve problems.
- Integrate with existing systems and tools and rip and replace where needed.
- Identify and address application and system performance bottlenecks in a high throughput production environment.
- A solid understanding of infrastructure service technologies with production operations experience.
- Experience with performance analysis, scale issues and large infrastructures.
- Experience with workflow automation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. AOL Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Please see the following notice regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity Rights.
Back to top