Senior Tax Analyst, Tax Compliance
AOL, a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc., is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As one of the largest online properties in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come. Follow us on twitter @AOL_Inc
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Utilizes systems and processes to compile information for various federal, state and local returns and tax accounting projects. Ensures timely and accurate filing of tax returns for AOL legal entities. Performs research on tax issues as requested and prepares supporting documentation including technical memos.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares and reviews calculations for complex federal, state, and local tax returns.
2. Prepares and reviews calculations for interim and annual income tax provisions for AOL.
3. Prepares and reviews extensions and estimated tax payment calculations.
4. Researches and recommends appropriate treatment for tax and accounting matters and proactively identifies tax accounting and tax compliance issues.
5. Prepares and reviews computations that are incorporated into AOL’s taxable income, effective tax rate, tax payments/receipts, and utilization of deferred taxes.
6. Ensures that tax processes are compliant with the organization’s SOX controls.
7. Conducts work in accordance with AOL’s Standards of Business Conduct.
8. Participates in meetings with tax planning professionals on transactions and tax planning projects to provide tax or accounting support.
9. Actively participates in internal process improvements, including setting work paper standards and optimizing tax compliance/tax accounting procedures.
III. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Accounting degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3 - 7 years related experience.
IV. PERFORMANCE ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Commercial and Technical Competence – research and document complex tax issues; train junior tax staff on technical issues; quality of work is very high; computation and technical mistakes are rare
• Professionalism – takes responsibility for training staff; viewed as a role model for staff; works with VZ Tax and AOL staff to make processes more efficient
• Process-oriented – meets project deadlines; actively looks for efficiencies; reliable team member who consistently delivers a high level of effort and productivity
• Team-oriented – assists junior member of other departments with tax and accounting matters; provides day to day tips to staff; avoids “CYA” mentality and consistently focuses on the best approach for the project; collaborates with VZ well
• Communication – participates in training others on technical issues; solid “first draft” writing skills; contributes to discussion in technical meetings, providing detailed information as needed and asking questions appropriately
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
Back to top