Senior Storage Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As a Storage Engineer on our Systems Operations team, you will contribute to the availability and performance of our CDN by performing the day-to-day administration, troubleshooting, and build-out of our existing enterprise NAS and software defined storage solutions. You'll utilize your experience with automation to improve our administration and monitoring tools. In addition, you'll grow your knowledge of available storage solutions and participate in planning for the future direction and expansion of our infrastructure to meet our customers' growing needs.
- Administration of one or more enterprise NAS storage solutions
- Heavy Linux administration experience
- Automation of Linux server deployment (Kickstart, Cobbler, FAI, etc.)
- Automation of Linux server configuration (Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of enterprise storage architecture
- Understanding of network architecture
- Troubleshooting of storage, server, and network performance issues
- Use of Bash scripting for automation of tasks
- Understanding of Python or similar programming language
- Work in a cooperative environment with a team of administrators and engineers
- College degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Ability to participate in our on call rotation (1 week rotations)
- Professional experience supporting Ceph or similar distributed/object storage solutions
- Professional Python or similar language development
- Filesystem benchmarking
- Site Reliability Engineer
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Back to top