Senior Storage Engineer
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As a Sr Storage Engineer on our Systems Operations team, you will contribute to the availability and performance of our CDN storage services by performing the day-to- day administration, troubleshooting, and build-out of our existing enterprise NAS and software defined storage solutions. You'll utilize your experience with automation to improve our administration and monitoring tools. In addition, you'll grow your knowledge of available storage solutions and participate in planning for the future direction and expansion of our infrastructure to meet our customers' growing needs.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High attention to detail
- Administration of one or more enterprise NAS storage solutions
- Experience using and administrating cloud object storage (AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.)
- Professional experience supporting Ceph or similar distributed/object storage solutions
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Automation of Linux server deployment (Kickstart, Cobbler, FAI, etc.)
- Automation of Linux server configuration (Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Understanding of enterprise storage architecture
- Understanding of network architecture
- Troubleshooting of storage, server, and network performance issues
- Use of Bash scripting for automation of tasks
- Understanding of Python or similar programming language
- Work in a cooperative environment with a team of administrators and engineers
- College degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience
- Ability to participate in our on call rotation (1 week rotations)
Desired Additional Experiences and Skills:
- Professional Python or similar language development
- Filesystem benchmarking
- Site Reliability Engineer
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top