Senior Software Engineer
Aol is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
We are hiring senior software engineers with the experience & desire to work in Big Data. Our Data Platform team is currently looking for talented engineers who can design, implement and support robust, scalable and high quality solutions.
As a member of the team, you will be working with both sides of our platform: RDBMS systems such as SQL Server and Vertica as well as our petabyte-scale open source/Hadoop based platforms.
- Designing, reviewing, implementing, testing and optimizing ETL processes
- Performing data analysis
- Assessing complicated business rules
- Providing development support for existing systems
- Troubleshooting data and/or system issues
- Creating systems documentation
- Mentoring other developers
What you'll need:
- Java or Scala based professional development experience with Big Data emphasis; or a strong desire to work in Big Data
- A strong eye for tuning and performance
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to deliver appropriate resolution of technical, procedural, and operational issues
- Must be able to drive investigations to completion and ensure customer satisfaction
- Strong scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with RDBMS solutions an advantage
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top