Senior Product Manager
AOL is NOT what you remember! AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. Across our brands (The Huffington Post, TechCrunch, etc.) and our ad platforms, AOL reaches over 700 million consumers in 22 global markets. AOL is at the center and leading edge of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed, and monetized connecting consumers, publishers, content creators, brands, and advertisers across the globe. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of media, television, and advertising.
We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, focused, and excited about our mission: to inform, entertain, and connect the world – and to execute upon that mission in a data-driven manner at light speed.
We are seeking a Product Manager to join our video distribution team. Consumers don't consume video like they used to, huddled around a cable box in the family room waiting for commercials! The world of TV and video is rapidly changing; publishers and content owners need new tools and platforms. Our video distribution platform is that new thing; we enable publishers and content creators to manage, discover, distribute, and monetize their video content.
Join this dynamic team to help push our platform to the bleeding edge. Your core scope includes how we monetize, bill, and report. We don't just do addition or multiplication, we want to push our platform into the world of statistics, machine learning, forecasting, etc. And most of all, we need to make money! We will look for your help to directly drive our ability to generate revenue growth across several business lines. We want to our partners to understand the value of their inventory, and use our tools to identify/deliver the most effective demand.
● The usual product management stuff: developing product roadmaps, working with our devs on product specifications, managing product roadmaps, developing core documentation, working with internal and external stakeholders, etc.
● Defining superior visualization tools to make our data assets usable, insightful, and impactful for our users and business owners
● Determine methods for delivering the highest revenue yield to publishers and content owners while maintaining premium user experiences
● Anticipate market trends in digital media monetization including ad serving products, video rights management, and standard digital currencies (ex. viewabillity and audience) to develop industry leading products
● Helping develop superior data "alchemy" to turn our data assets into data "gold" through statistics, machine learning, forecasting, etc.
● Building strong relationships across our internal and external stakeholders; helping communicate, manage, and maintain our product roadmap
● Tenaciously learning and asking why to get to the bottom of "it", whether "it" is helping resolve a product bug, working with our users to understand their core needs, understanding the direction of the industry, or helping define the vision for our the product roadmap
● You have a good understanding of the business and technical requirements of building a product, and being a product manager
● You have a strong understanding of database fundamentals
● Strong technical understanding of the fundamentals of digital video advertising including: video ad serving, IAB standards, RTB/programmatic exchanges, and cross platform ad tech solutions
● You are TENACIOUS and driven to learn, ask why, find the key details, and solve problems
● You build strong relationships wherever you go; you can bring people together towards a common goal
● You have strong organizational skills with a good sense of judgment to prioritize what needs to get done
● You pay attention to developments in video, media, advertising, and product management (or you have a passion for learning more)
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top