Senior Manager, Global Leadership Development
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
The Senior Manager will provide content design, development and facilitation expertise to grow AOL leaders internationally and will have a direct impact on improving individual and organizational performance with a focus on developing leadership and managerial competencies. There will be a heavy emphasis on creating innovative and relevant leadership programs and tools for implementation in a fast-paced media & technology environment. As a member of the broader Talent & Organizational Development function, this individual will influence and contribute to a variety of other important assignments.
- Conduct needs assessments and analyze skill and knowledge gaps in order to serve as an expert on AOL’s leadership development needs–present and future.
- With a focus on front-line and mid-level leadership, lead the design of new programs, from needs assessment with a focus on highly-experiential programming, simple models and tools, and relevant assessments.
- Audit current programs and delivery platforms to determine areas for improvement; lead efforts for updates and redesign as needed.
- Facilitate leadership development programs; serve as the expert on all AOL leadership models and program activities.
- Lead the design and delivery of post-program, follow-up support tools/processes; build and manage processes and tools for program measurement.
- Pro-actively manage and track key dates, events, and communications.
- Be in constant communication with Global Regional Training teams in order to refine programs and measure results.
- Act as a leader, demonstrating cross-functional partnership, building credibility and leading by example.
- Ideally 7+ years' of deep experience in instructional design and content development in the areas of leadership/management development.
- Track record managing simultaneous complex projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, depending on the task, to bring projects to the complete and final stage.
- Ability to produce high quality, on time, using a variety of delivery methods (ILT, multimedia, stakeholder communications)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with track record in the area of management development.
- Experience working on a global scale to build and roll out programs in multiple languages with a demonstrated understanding of cultural nuances.
- Self-driven, proactive, and agile.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day issues for assigned projects.
- Management experience with the ability to coach, develop and effectively influence cross-functionally.
- Proven business writer and skilled editor
- Polished presence and ability to build credibility with leaders.
- Flexibility for early morning and evening conference calls to accommodate global partners.
- Some global travel required (possibly, 3-5 trips per year).
- Preferred, but not required:
- Coaching and psychometric assessment certifications or experience, a plus.
- Familiarity with on-boarding and HRIS platforms.
- Fluent in foreign language.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top