Senior Data Solutions Architect
A little about Verizon Digital Media Services:
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content – so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services' oath in three words: Personalized Video Experiences
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for an individual that will take “the point” in the effort of implementing VMDS’s data integration and ETL Framework. The Solution Engineer will be the primary contributor in the implementation of Verizon Digital Media’s Data Lake.
Lead the effort in building and implementing a Data Lake based on data needs from other teams and business users. This individual is responsible for contributing to a multi-phased data warehouse effort. This individual will be a “hands on” contributor, but must have strong professional skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
• Will be the primary “hands on” contributor in building out VDMS’ Data Integration implementation.
• Help define the overall data warehouse architecture
• Work with external vendors and internal business and technology staff to accurately gather and interpret requirements, specifications, and database models to determine appropriate data warehouse development solutions.
• Develop & document technical best practices for ETL-related activities including data movement, data aggregation, data quality, and data cleansing that support innovative and optimal data warehouse solutions.
• Monitor and administer automated and manual data integration and ETL jobs to verify execution and measure performance; Build reports to audit, monitor & validate data warehouse jobs
• Mentor other Enterprise Data Management team members in the ETL tools, programs, processes, and best practices.
• Minimum 4 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing complex ETL solutions using enterprise ETL tools (experience with Talend is a plus).
• Minimum 1 year of experience developing and implementing data integration and DW solutions in a SQL Server 2005/2012 database environment.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with high volume data exchange and transaction processing systems.
• Knowledge of theoretical DW design considerations including: Inmon and Kimball approaches as well as the appropriate settings for relational & dimensional modeling
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Strategic Account Manager, Attribution Client Services At Convertro
As a Strategic Account Manager, Christina works with brands’ key stakeholders, business decision makers, and executives to drive adoption of Convertro’s multi-touch attribution technology.
Back to top