AOL, a subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc., is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As one of the largest online properties in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
Seeking an Attorney with 6-8 years transactional experience to coordinate and negotiate agreements for Verizon Digital Media Services. The successful candidate will have a significant commercial transactional background, preferably in the online-service provider industry (IaaS/SaaS/Cloud, ISP, etc.), as well as superior analytical and organizational abilities, creative and pragmatic problem-solving approaches and an interest and experience in new technologies. Responsibilities include providing strategic direction in the contracting processes to support evolving business unit needs, risk management, privacy considerations, security compliance and a broad range of regulatory issues and assisting in the creation of forms, templates and contracting procedures. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across other business departments and with external customers in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment are a must.
· Strong academics and J.D. from ABA accredited law school
· Current member in good standing of California State Bar
· At least 6-8 years of professional experience, including at least 2-3 years in-house experience, preferably in the online services industry
· International privacy, data security, open source and regulatory compliance knowledge a significant plus
· Excellent drafting and strong negotiation and verbal communication skills required
· Ability to engage in practical evaluations and explanations of risks and engage in collaborative problem-solving
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize substantial and diverse workload and complete tasks within deadlines
· Detail oriented, hard working, responsible team player
· Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and independent, sound judgment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Web-based applications including Google applications suite, online research tools, Salesforce
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top