Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Who are we?
We’re Verizon Digital Media Services, the company that powers 7% of the internet traffic.
What is this role?
Security Engineer will be a member of the Security Engineering team focusing on designing and implementing our security roadmap to protect the internet. You will maintain thousands of servers running TBs of traffic. Odds are, it’s the biggest network you’d ever seen.
Who should apply?
Whether you’re an expert in security who presents at Blackhat and Defcon every year, or a Linux Sysadmin who wants to get his/her feet through the hot security industry, we want to talk to you. The way we see it, we’re hiring smart people who are good with Linux. If you don’t know security that well, but you’re a smart person who gets things quickly, you’ll pick it up here.
What will my responsibilities be?
· You will join the patching team and steer our automated patching boat. If you’re a scripting guru, you can get involved in making it even more automated
· Work on remediation efforts as we discover areas of improvement throughout our network
· Research and implement system hardening standards
· Manage and maintain config management system
· Join our on-call rotation
· Assist with creating information security policies
· Participate in the company's Incident Response program
· Assist with audit and compliance efforts
· 4-year degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience) required
· 3+ years’ experience operating as a systems engineer in a Linux environment - preferably focused on security, for a large production operation, an ISP, a large scale web application or a similar environment
· Strong experience with Linux and systems hardening in highly preferred
· Proven experience with researching and implementing solutions to solve business problems
· Understanding of TCP/IP, network/system intrusion techniques, firewalls and VPNs
· Security certifications such as: GIAC, CISSP, OSCP, CEH, GPEN preferred
· Strong scripting skills – bash, Ruby, Python, Perl
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top