AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
The Sales Strategist role is an essential member of the sales team, helping to create and deliver comprehensive mobile/digital solutions to brand and agency partners. We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in a fastpaced team environment and has experience meeting tight deadlines. This position is responsible for generating detailed, strategic proposals and presentations to clients in partnership with the sales and sales strategy teams. It is an exciting opportunity to work with other highly motivated sales and marketing professionals.
- Together with the sales leads, analyze, identify, & prioritize account portfolio to identify key business growth opportunities.
- Develop and articulate customized strategies and polished collaterals for key business pitches
- Support sales team with detailed proposals which are creative, strategic, thought provoking, and meet client objectives
- Conduct strategic workshops, incorporating presentation and other necessary collateral to help enable clients gain a better understanding of capabilities
- Facilitate internal cross-functional discussions to arm sales with the necessary product, operational and creative support required to address key client needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees and external clients
- Ability to manage challenging work flow and meet tight deadlines when speed and sustained accuracy are paramount
- Must possess strong communication (both verbal and written) in order to exchange critical information with others clearly and concisely
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel necessary
- Must be attentive to details and able to deliver consistently excellent products
- Diligent work ethic with excellent organizational, time management, and problemsolving skills
- Proactive, resultsoriented with strong customer service skills
- Strong understanding of media landscape and agency planning processes
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in agency or publisher environment with media planning responsibilities
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.
Meet Some of AOL's Employees
Director, Millennial Outreach
Jessica works with millennials to learn what kind of media and news they’d like to see on The Huffington Post—and relays that information to the editorial staff.
Back to top