Sales Manager - Publisher Platforms // ONE for Publishers
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
The Sales Manager Publisher Platforms will report directly to the local Managing Director. They will be accountable for publisher Licensing and Media revenue for their local market ensuring all targets are met and exceeded.
Purpose of Role:
The Sales Manager Publisher Platforms will be accountable for the overall market adoption of AOL Platforms Publisher solutions in Italy (ONE Video, ONE Display SSP, ONE Ad Server, ONE Creative and Vidible). They will work closely with the Regional Publisher Sales Director on creating and implementing a local market strategy, which will see AOL be the partner of choice for Publisher monetization.
This individual will be charged with approaching top and mid-tier publishers, explaining the benefits of the AOL Platforms solution and bringing a deal to closure. Moreover, the individual will own key senior level relationships with top publishers and key partners in market.
Key Role Accountabilities:
• Meet and exceed Publisher Media and Licensing revenue targets for Italy
• Work closely with the Publishers Account Management team
• Provide weekly revenue forecasting & activity reporting
• Track and increase the number of clients using 2 or more of our Products
• Complete and make sure all team members complete Learn Core modules and provide training on ONE Video, ONE Display, ONE Ad Server, ONE Creative and Vidible to ensure sales teams can adequately cross sell
• Negotiate contract terms for new publishers and close deals
• Develop and enhance AOL Platforms reputation as a leading technology and content platform for Publishers
• Work closely with the 3rd Party Demand and Account Management teams to understand buying trends and market intelligence
• Provide local leadership, giving guidance to strategic partners on ONE for Publishers
• Attend industry events and speaking events providing thought leadership on our industry
• Extensive experience of online advertising, preferably on the publisher side
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
• English and Italian written and verbal communication essential
• A strong knowledge of the Ad Serving, Exchange, DSP, SSP, DMP and CMS technology
• Excellent publisher contacts and a proven record of influencing key decision makers
• Deep understanding of online advertising
• Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with premium publishers and able to engage in conversation with senior executives from publishers
• Excellent communicator at all levels, presentation skills and strong leadership
• Thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and fluid environment with the ability to take the initiative and work autonomously as well as part of a team.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Back to top